Skool’s revolutionary online learning platform is changing how businesses and individuals are educated. It’s a comprehensive LMS which provides everything users need to deliver and create high-quality training and online courses.
Skool’s features set it apart from other platforms. It is easy to manage and use. Even users without prior experience with LMSs will be able to quickly and easily create engaging online courses.
Here is a short video overview of Skool by Scott Weberg from his YouTube channel for those who want a more visual experience. However, if you want a more in-depth review, you can also read the whole review below.
How Does Skool Work? Vanilla Community Platform
Skool‘s online learning platform enables users to develop and deliver high-quality training courses. Create a Skool profile and create courses or training programs to get started. Students can register for courses and gain access to learning materials including videos, quizzes, assignments, etc. Instructors can monitor student progress and give feedback.
This is a more in-depth overview of the Skool system:
Creating a Skool Account:
- Sign up by clicking on “Sign Up” on the Skool Website.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select a pricing plan, then click the “Sign Up button”.
Creating a Course or Training Program:
- Once you have created an account with Skool, click on the button “Create Course”.
- Enter the course name and program description.
- Select the topics to be covered in your course.
- Add learning materials, such as videos and quizzes.
- You can make your training course or course available to students by clicking the “Publish” link.
Enrolling in a Course or Training Program:
- Skool offers a wide range of courses and training programs.
- They can then click the “Enrollment” button after they’ve found a program or course they are interested in. Vanilla Community Platform
- Students will need to create a Skool account if they do not already have one.
- Once they have created an account, they will be able to access the learning materials for the course or training program.
Tracking Student Progress and Providing Feedback:
- Teachers can monitor the progress of students by viewing student activity reports.
- Students can receive feedback from instructors by sending private messages or comments on their work.
Skool’s features for community management allow you to build and manage a vibrant community around online training courses and programs. Members can create and share their own content, such as articles, blog posts, and videos. You can also create forums and groups to allow members to connect and discuss the material.
Skool is able to:
- User-generated content: Members can create and share their own content, such as articles, blog posts, videos, and podcasts. This helps to create a more dynamic and engaging community for your members.
- Forums and groups: Create forums and groups for your members so they can connect and discuss topics specific to your online training and courses. This can promote a community-like feeling and encourage collaboration amongst your members.
Skool’s classroom features make it easy to create and deliver engaging online courses. Your courses can have a range of different content, such as videos, quizzes or assignments, discussion forums, etc. Skool has a number of features that allow you to monitor student progress and give them feedback.
Some of these features include:
- Course creation tools: Skool provides a variety of course creation tools, such as video hosting, quizzes, assignments, and discussion forums. This makes it easy to create high-quality online courses without any prior experience.
- Skool allows you to track student progress in detail so that your can provide the necessary support.
Skool’s calendar feature makes it easy to organize and schedule online and offline events for your members. You can create events that are repeated, such as monthly meetups or weekly webinars. You can also create one-time events, such as workshops or conferences.
Included in these features:
- Recurring Events: You can create recurring events, such as weekly webinars or monthly meetups. This saves you time and effort from having to create each event individually.
- One-time Events: Create one-time events such as conferences or workshopsOne-time Events: You can create events that are one-offs, like workshops or conferences. This makes it easy to promote and manage your events on Skool.
Skool leaderboards lets you track the activity of your members and rewards them for it. This can encourage your employees to participate in your training courses. You can create leaderboards that are specific to different activities such as assignments, discussions or participation.
The following features are included:
- Customizable leaderboards: You can create custom leaderboards for different activities, such as completing assignments, participating in discussions, or creating content. This will allow you to reward members for activities that you consider most important.
- Gamification: Gamification is possible with Skool’s badges and leaderboards. This can be used to make learning for your members more engaging and fun.
Ease Of Use
Skool makes it easy to use because the software provides an all-in-one solution for course creators. This includes creating courses, building communities, tracking students’ progress, and rewarding their participation. Skool’s user interface is also very intuitive and simple to learn.
Skool streamlines the difficult process of course creators using different tools to organize their community by giving them a platform that allows them to do all they need. This allows course creators to save time and effort and stay focused on their work. Vanilla Community Platform
Skool Use Cases
Skool offers a wide range of use cases. Here are some examples.
- Online Courses:
Skool allows you to create online courses and sell them. Skool’s course creation feature allows users to create and sell online courses.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter:
Skool allows you to sell memberships based on subscriptions. Members can receive exclusive content as well as participate in the community discussion and receive help from the course creator.
- Group Funnels:
Skool’s group funnel feature allows users to create and manage sales funnels for their courses or products. Users can create opt-in forms and email sequences as well as landing pages.
- Coaching Programs
Skool has a feature that allows users create and sell coaching programs. Skool allows users to schedule appointments, accept payments, and manage clients.
Skool’s mastermind function allows users to sell and create mastermind groups. Members can participate in group discussions, receive support from the course creator, and network with other members.
- Support Forums
Skool allows users to manage and create support forums for courses or products. Users can use Skool to moderate discussions, answer questions, and provide support to their customers.
Skool has the ability to be used for creating and delivering SaaS products. Skool, for instance, can be used to create a SaaS that helps companies manage their online education programs.
- Influencer:Influencers are able to use Skool as a tool to create and engage their communities. Skool is a great tool for influencers who want to engage with their communities and create exclusive content.
Who Should Use Skool?
Skool is a flexible online learning platform that can be used by businesses and organizations of any size. Skool will be useful for anyone who wants to create or sell online training programs or courses.
Some examples can include:
Businesses and organizations can use Skool to:
- Train employees to learn new skills
- Offer onboarding training to new employees
- Create and deliver Customer Education Programs
- Live Webinars and Events
- Build a Community around your Brand
Skool allows individuals to:
- Create and sell online courses or training programs
- Build an audience for their expertise and a community around them Vanilla Community Platform
- Host webinars or events
- Find other professionals who share your interests
Pros and Cons
- Skool has a set of unique features that are designed for programs centered on the community.
- The platform has an outstanding user experience and is very easy to learn.
- Skool is a platform that has a growing community.
- The platform simplifies the cumbersome process for course creators to use different tools to organize their communities together.
- Skool has a visual timetable that lets members view everything in the local timezone. They can also receive email reminders.
- Skool is currently lacking certain features, including video hosting.
- The price may be too high when you consider what other tools course creators need.
- Skool’s functionality may be limited if you need to create a course that requires a complete tech stack.
Skool Pricing Plans
Skool has a unique pricing structure compared to other SaaS platforms. It offers a single pricing plan of $99 per month that includes all of the features available in Skool like
- Users Unlimited
- All Courses Available
- Unlimited storage
- All Community Features
- All course hosting features
- All the gamification features
- All other features
Aside from that, Skool also offers a 14-day free trial, which allows users to try the platform out so that they can get a feel before they go all in on the platform.
Skool’s powerful and affordable platform allows you to create communities, host online courses and gamify the learning experience. This is an excellent choice for those who are creating courses, running businesses, or just want to learn together as a group.
If you are considering using Skool, try the 14-day free trial to see if it is right for you. You can also check out reviews of other users for their feedback.
Skool has a lot to offer anyone who is looking to create an active community, and to deliver courses of high quality to their learners.
Skool FAQ Vanilla Community Platform
Who is Skool for?
Skool is for anyone who wants to build and engage with a community around a shared interest or goal. This includes:
- Course creators
- Non-profit organizations
How do I sign up for Skool?
Create an Skool account. Once you have an account, you can start building your community by adding members, creating discussion forums, and uploading content.
Can I sell my courses using Skool?
Yes, you can use Skool to sell your courses. Skool provides a range of features to assist you in selling your courses.
- Members pay a subscription
- Course analytics
- Gamification features.
Does Skool charge fees per transaction?
Yes, Skool charges a 2.9% + 30c fee per transaction.
When does Skool payout?
Skool will pay out your available balance each Wednesday to your bank account.
What currency does Skool utilize?
Skool prices are all in USD. All payouts are made in your local currency.
What is the refund policy of Skool?
Skool allows creators to offer refunds at their discretion to members. Skool has the right to refund members at its own discretion. Skool rarely refunds creators’ money.