Skool’s revolutionary online learning platform is changing how businesses and individuals are educated. It is a comprehensive LMS that provides users with everything they need to create and deliver high-quality online courses and training programs.
Skool’s features set it apart from other platforms. Skool’s main advantage is that it is very simple to use. Users with little or no experience in LMSs are able to create and deliver engaging courses quickly and easily.
Here is a short video overview of Skool by Scott Weberg from his YouTube channel for those who want a more visual experience. However, if you want a more in-depth review, you can also read the whole review below.
How Does Skool Function? Using Skool
Skool‘s online learning platform enables users to develop and deliver high-quality training courses. To begin, users must create a Skool Account and then create courses or programs. Students can access course materials such as videos and quizzes. Instructors can monitor student progress and give feedback.
Here’s a detailed explanation of how Skool functions:
How to Create a Skool Profile:
- Go to the Skool website and click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Enter your name, email, and password.
- Click on “Sign up” and choose a plan.
Creating a Course or Training Program:
- Click on “Create Course”, once you’ve created your Skool Account.
- Enter the name and description of your course or program.
- Choose the topics you wish to include in your training course.
- Add learning materials, such as videos, quizzes, and assignments.
- To make your course or program of training available to students, click on the “Publish button”.
Enrolling in an Educational Program or Course
- Students can browse through the courses and training programs that are available on Skool.
- Clicking on “Enroll” will allow them to enroll in a particular course or program. Using Skool
- Students will need to create a Skool account if they do not already have one.
- Once the account is created, the user will be able to access the materials of the training course.
Tracking Progress of Students and Providing Feedback
- Instructors can track student progress by viewing the student activity reports.
- Students can receive feedback from instructors by sending private messages or comments on their work.
Skool’s community features allow you to create and manage a thriving community around your online courses and training programs. Members can create, share, and edit their own content. This includes articles, blog entries, and videos. Create groups and forums for members to discuss the materials.
Through this Feature, Skool can:
- User-generated content: Members can create and share their own content, such as articles, blog posts, videos, and podcasts. This creates a dynamic and engaging community.
- Groups and Forums: You can set up groups and forums to help your members connect and discuss certain topics related to online courses and training. This can encourage a sense of community and collaboration between your members.
Skool’s classroom features enable you to create and deliver engaging, online courses. You can include a wide range of content in your courses including videos, assignments, quizzes, and discussion boards. Skool provides a range of features for tracking student progress.
Some of these features include:
- Skool’s course creation tools include video hosting, quizzes or assignments, as well as discussion forums. This allows anyone to easily create high-quality courses online without any previous experience.
- Skool offers detailed tracking of student progress so you can monitor your student’s progress and give them the help they need.
Skool’s Calendar feature allows you to easily schedule and plan online and offline activities for your members. You can create recurring meetings, like weekly webinars. You can create one-time events, such as conferences or workshops.
Included in these features:
- Recurring Events: You can create recurring events, such as weekly webinars or monthly meetups. It will save you time by not having each event created individually.
- One-time Events: Create one-time events such as conferences or workshopsOne-time Events: You can create events that are one-offs, like workshops or conferences. Skool makes it simple to manage and promote your events.
Skool leaderboards is a feature that allows you track member participation and reward them. This will encourage members to remain engaged in your courses and programs. You can create custom leaderboards for different activities, such as completing assignments or participating in discussions.
These features include:
- Customizable leaderboards: You can create custom leaderboards for different activities, such as completing assignments, participating in discussions, or creating content. You can reward your members based on the activities you value most.
- Gamification: Gamification is possible with Skool’s badges and leaderboards. This can make learning fun and engaging for members.
Ease Of Use
Skool makes it easy to use because the software provides an all-in-one solution for course creators. This includes creating courses, building communities, tracking students’ progress, and rewarding their participation. Skool is easy to use and intuitive.
Skool simplifies a cumbersome task for course designers to use multiple tools to organize a community. They can now do it all on ONE platform. This allows the creators of courses to save both time and money, while also staying organized and focused. Using Skool
Skool Use Cases
Skool has a variety of uses. Here are a few examples:
- Online Courses
Skool offers a course creation tool that allows users to sell online courses. Skool allows course creators to manage their students and accept payments.
- Subscription Memberships
Skool allows you to sell memberships based on subscriptions. Members can receive exclusive content as well as participate in the community discussion and receive help from the course creator.
- Group Funnels:
Skool’s feature of group funnels allows users the ability to create and maintain sales funnels. Users can design landing pages, opt-in forms, email series, and much more.
- Coaching Programs:
Skool allows users to sell and create coaching programs. Users can use Skool to manage their clients, schedule appointments, and accept payments.
Skool’s mastermind function allows users to sell and create mastermind groups. Members can take part in group discussions and receive support from course creators. They can also network with each other.
- Support Forums
Skool allows users to manage and create support forums for courses or products. Users can use Skool to moderate discussions, answer questions, and provide support to their customers.
Skool is a tool that can be used to deliver SaaS-based products. Skool could be used to deliver a SaaS-based product that allows businesses to manage online learning programs.
- Influencer:Skool can be used by influencers to build and engage with their communities. For example, an influencer could use Skool to create and deliver exclusive content to their community members or to host live webinars and events.
Who Should Use Skool?
Skool is a flexible online learning platform that can be used by businesses and organizations of any size. If they want to create and sell online courses or training programs, they will find good use for Skool.
Examples of examples include:
Skool is a great tool for businesses and organizations to:
- Train your employees in new skills and procedures
- Offer onboarding training to new employees
- Create and deliver Customer Education Programs
- Live webinars and events
- Create a brand community
Skool allows individuals to:
- Create and sell training or online courses
- Develop an audience and community for your experts Using Skool
- Hosting live webinars, events and conferences
- Connect with other professionals in their field
Pros & Cons
- Skool is a community-centered program that offers unique features.
- The platform has an outstanding user experience and is very easy to learn.
- Skool boasts a vibrant community and is growing quickly.
- The platform streamlines the difficult process for course designers to use various tools to organize their community together.
- Skool offers a visual calendar that helps members see everything in their local timezone and get reminder emails..
- Skool does not yet have certain essential features like video hosting.
- Price could be high, given the additional tools required for course designers.
- Skool can be limited to those course creators that need the full tech stack.
Skool Pricing Plans
Skool’s pricing is different from most SaaS platforms. Skool’s pricing structure is unique. It has one plan for $99 per month, which includes all of its features.
- Unlimited Users
- Unlimited courses
- Unlimited storage
- All Community Features
- All Course Hosting Features
- Gamification is available in all its features
- All other features
Skool is also offering a free 14-day trial to allow users to experience the platform for themselves before making a commitment.
Skool is a powerful and affordable platform for building communities, hosting courses, and gamifying learning. This platform is ideal for business owners and individuals looking to accomplish their goals while learning as a team.
If you are considering using Skool, try the 14-day free trial to see if it is right for you. You can also read user reviews and get feedback from them.
Skool, as a whole, is an excellent option for anyone wanting to build a community of learners and provide them with high-quality training.
Skool FAQ Using Skool
Who is Skool aimed at?
Skool is for anyone who wants to build and engage with a community around a shared interest or goal. This includes:
- Course creators
- Non-profit organizations
How can I start using Skool?
Create an account at the Skool site to get started. You can build your community once you have an Skool account by adding members, creating forums and uploading content.
Can I use Skool for the sale of my courses?
Skool is a great tool for selling your courses. Skool offers a variety of features that can help you sell your courses, such as:
- Paying membership
- Course analytics
- Gamification features.
Does Skool charge fees per transaction?
Yes, Skool charges a 2.9% + 30c fee per transaction.
When does Skool payout?
Skool pays out your available balance every Wednesday directly to your bank account.
What currency does Skool use?
All prices on Skool are in USD. You will be paid in your own currency.
What is Skool’s refund policy?
Skool allows creators to offer refunds at their discretion to members. Skool can issue refunds at their discretion depending on the circumstances. Skool does not usually refund creators.