Skool is a revolutionary online learning platform that is changing the way businesses and individuals learn. It’s a comprehensive LMS which provides everything users need to deliver and create high-quality training and online courses.
Skool’s features set it apart from other platforms. Skool’s main advantage is that it is very simple to use. Even users without prior experience with LMSs will be able to quickly and easily create engaging online courses.
Here is a short video overview of Skool by Scott Weberg from his YouTube channel for those who want a more visual experience. However, if you want a more in-depth review, you can also read the whole review below.
How Does Skool Function? Skool Developers
Skool is an online platform that allows users to design and deliver courses and training programs of high quality. Create a Skool profile and create courses or training programs to get started. Students can enroll in courses and access learning materials, such as videos, quizzes, and assignments. Instructors can monitor student progress and give feedback.
Here is an overview of Skool‘s workings:
Creating a Skool Account:
- Go to the Skool website and click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Enter your name, email address, and password.
- Click the “Sign-Up” button after selecting a price plan.
Creating a Course or Training Program:
- Click on “Create Course”, once you’ve created your Skool Account.
- Enter a name and description for your course or training program.
- Select the topics that you want to cover in your course or training program.
- Add learning materials, like videos, quizzes, and assignments.
- Click on the “Publish” button to make your course or training program available to students.
Enrolling for a Training or Course:
- Skool offers a wide range of courses and training programs.
- Clicking on “Enroll” will allow them to enroll in a particular course or program. Skool Developers
- Students who do not have a Skool login will be required to create one.
- Once they have created an account, they will be able to access the learning materials for the course or training program.
Tracking Progress of Students and Providing Feedback
- The Student Activity Reports allow instructors to track the progress of their students.
- You can give students feedback by commenting on their homework or sending them private messages.
Skool’s Community features enable you to manage and create a thriving online community for your courses and training programs. Members can upload and share content like articles, videos, and blog posts. You can create forums and groups where members can discuss and connect the material.
Skool is able to:
- User-generated content: Members can create and share their own content, such as articles, blog posts, videos, and podcasts. This helps to create a more dynamic and engaging community for your members.
- Groups and forums. You can create forums and groups to allow your members to discuss and connect on specific topics related to your online courses. This can promote a community-like feeling and encourage collaboration amongst your members.
Skool’s classroom features make it easy to create and deliver engaging online courses. You can include a wide range of content in your courses including videos, assignments, quizzes, and discussion boards. Skool provides a range of features for tracking student progress.
Included in these features:
- Course creation tools: Skool provides a variety of course creation tools, such as video hosting, quizzes, assignments, and discussion forums. It is easy to create online courses of high quality without prior experience.
- Student progress tracking: Skool provides detailed student progress tracking so that you can see how your students are doing and provide them with the support they need.
Skool’s calendar feature makes it easy to organize and schedule online and offline events for your members. You can create recurring events, such as weekly webinars or monthly meetups. You can create special events, like workshops or conferences.
The following features are included:
- Recurring Events: You can set up recurring events, such as monthly meetings or weekly webinars. This saves you time and effort from having to create each event individually.
- One-time Events: You can create one-time events, like conferences or workshops. Skool allows you to easily promote and manage events.
Skool’s leaderboards allows you to track and reward member activity. This will encourage members to remain engaged in your courses and programs. You can create different leaderboards based on activities like completing assignments and participating in discussions.
Some of these features include:
- Customizable Leaderboards: Create custom leaderboards based on different activities, such as completing tasks, participating in discussion, or creating new content. This allows you to reward your members for the activities that are most important to you.
- Gamification: Skool’s leaderboards and badges can be used to gamify your online courses and training programs. This can help to make learning more fun and engaging for your members.
Ease of Use
Skool streamlines the difficult process of course creators using different tools to organize their community by giving them a platform that allows them to do all they need. This saves course creators time and effort, and it also makes it easier for them to stay organized and focused on their work. Skool Developers
Skool Use Cases
Skool has a variety of uses. Here are a few examples:
- Online Courses
Skool offers a course creation tool that allows users to sell online courses. Course creators can use Skool to host their course content, manage their students, and accept payments.
- Subscription Memberships
Skool offers a subscription-based feature that allows users to sell memberships. Members get exclusive content and can take part in community discussions. They also receive support from the creator of the course.
- Group Funnels:
Skool’s Group Funnel feature allows users create and manage sales funnels. Users can create opt-in forms and email sequences as well as landing pages.
- Coaching Programs
Skool offers a coaching program feature which allows users to design and sell their own coaching programs. Users can use Skool to manage their clients, schedule appointments, and accept payments.
Skool’s mastermind feature allows users to create and sell mastermind groups. Members can participate in group discussions, receive support from the course creator, and network with other members.
- Support Forums
Skool’s support forum allows users to create and manage forums to support their courses or products. Users can use Skool to moderate discussions, answer questions, and provide support to their customers.
Skool is a tool that can be used to deliver SaaS-based products. For example, you could use Skool to create and deliver a SaaS product that helps businesses to manage their online learning programs.
- Influencer:Influencers can use Skool to engage and build their communities. Skool could be used, for example, by an influencer to create exclusive content and deliver it to members of their community or to host webinars and live events.
Who Should Use Skool?
As a versatile online learning platform, Skool can be used by individuals, businesses, and organizations of all sizes. Skool will be useful for anyone who wants to create or sell online training programs or courses.
Some examples can include:
Skool allows businesses and organizations:
- Train your employees in new skills and procedures
- Onboarding is a training session for new employees.
- Create and deliver educational programs for customers
- Host live webinars and events
- Build a Community around your Brand
Skool allows individuals to:
- Create and sell training or online courses
- Create a community and audience around your expertise Skool Developers
- Host webinars or events
- Connect with other professionals in their field
Pros & Cons
- Skool is a community-centered program that offers unique features.
- The platform is easy to use and has a great user experience.
- Skool boasts a vibrant community and is growing quickly.
- The platform simplifies the cumbersome process for course creators to use different tools to organize their communities together.
- Skool’s visual calendar helps users see what is happening in their local time zone. Reminder emails are also sent.
- Skool lacks certain necessary features right now, such as video hosting.
- The price could be expensive, considering what other tools are needed for course creators.
- Skool can be limited to those course creators that need the full tech stack.
Skool Pricing Plans
Skool has a unique pricing structure compared to other SaaS platforms. Skool offers one pricing plan at $99 per month that includes all the features.
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited Courses
- Unlimited storage
- All Community Features
- All Course Hosting Features
- All the gamification features
- All other features
Skool offers a 14 day free trial that allows users to test the platform before investing in it.
Skool is a powerful and affordable platform for building communities, hosting courses, and gamifying learning. This is an excellent choice for those who are creating courses, running businesses, or just want to learn together as a group.
If you are considering using Skool, try the 14-day free trial to see if it is right for you. You can also read user reviews and get feedback from them.
Skool offers a good option to anyone looking to create a vibrant community and provide high-quality classes to their students.
Skool Frequently Asked Questions Skool Developers
Who is Skool designed for?
Skool was designed for those who want to engage and build a community around an interest or goal. This includes
- Course creators
- Nonprofit organizations
How can I start using Skool?
Create an account to start using Skool. After creating an account, you will be able to start building your community. This includes adding members, setting up discussion forums, and posting content.
Can I use Skool to sell my courses?
Skool allows you to sell your course. Skool includes a wide range of features that will help you to sell your courses.
- Paying membership
- Course analytics
- Gamification features.
Does Skool charge fees per transaction?
Yes, Skool charges a 2.9% + 30c fee per transaction.
When does Skool payout?
Skool will pay out your available balance each Wednesday to your bank account.
What currency is used by Skool?
All prices on Skool are in USD. You will be paid in your own currency.
What is the refund policy of Skool?
Skool has a policy that allows creators the freedom to decide whether or not to give refunds to their members. Skool reserves the right to issue refunds at its discretion, depending on circumstances. In most cases, Skool will not refund on behalf of creators.