Skool has revolutionized the way people and businesses learn. It is a comprehensive LMS that provides users with everything they need to create and deliver high-quality online courses and training programs.
Skool’s features set it apart from other platforms. First, it is extremely easy to use and manage. Even users without prior experience with LMSs will be able to quickly and easily create engaging online courses.
Here is a short video overview of Skool by Scott Weberg from his YouTube channel for those who want a more visual experience. However, if you want a more in-depth review, you can also read the whole review below.
How Does Skool Function? Online Community Platform Definition
Skool, as an online learning platform allows users the ability to create and deliver training and courses of high-quality. Users create an account on Skool and create training programs or courses. Students can access course materials such as videos and quizzes. Instructors are able to track student progress, and provide feedback.
This is a more in-depth overview of the Skool system:
Create a Skool Account:
- Go to the Skool website and click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Choose a pricing plan and click on the “Sign Up” button.
How to Create a Course or Training Program?
- Once you have created a Skool account, click on the “Create Course” button.
- Enter the name and description of your course or program.
- Choose the topics you wish to include in your training course.
- Add learning materials, such as videos and quizzes.
- You can make your training course or course available to students by clicking the “Publish” link.
Enrolling a Course or Program of Training:
- Skool offers a wide range of courses and training programs.
- After they find a training course that interests them, they can click the “Enroll Now” button. Online Community Platform Definition
- Students must create a Skool profile if they don’t have one already.
- Once they have created an account, they will be able to access the learning materials for the course or training program.
Tracking Student Progress, and Giving Feedback
- Instructors can track student progress by viewing the student activity reports.
- Instructors can also provide feedback to students by commenting on their assignments or by sending them private messages.
Skool’s community features allow you to create and manage a thriving community around your online courses and training programs. Members can upload and share content like articles, videos, and blog posts. You can also create groups and forums where members can connect and discuss the material.
Through this Feature, Skool can:
- Content created by users: Users can create their own content, such as blog posts, podcasts, videos, and articles. This allows you to create a vibrant and engaging community.
- Groups and forums: You can create groups and forums for your members to connect and discuss specific topics related to your online courses and training programs. This can encourage a sense of community and collaboration between your members.
Skool’s classroom features make it easy to create and deliver engaging online courses. You can include a wide range of content in your courses including videos, assignments, quizzes, and discussion boards. Skool has a number of features that allow you to monitor student progress and give them feedback.
The following features are included:
- Skool offers a wide range of tools for creating courses, including quizzes and assignments. This makes it simple to create high-quality online courses, even if you have no prior experience.
- Skool’s detailed tracking of students’ progress allows you to see what your children are up to and offer them the support they require.
Skool has a calendar that makes it easy for you to plan and schedule events online and off. You can create events that are repeated, such as monthly meetups or weekly webinars. You can also create one-time events, such as workshops or conferences.
Included in these features:
- Recurring Events: You can schedule recurring events like weekly webinars and monthly meetups. You can save time and effort by not having to create every event separately.
- One-time Events: You can create one-time events, like conferences or workshops. Skool makes it simple to manage and promote your events.
Skool’s leaderboards feature allows you to track member activity and reward them for their participation. This will encourage members to remain engaged in your courses and programs. You can create leaderboards that are specific to different activities such as assignments, discussions or participation.
Included in these features:
- Customizable Leaderboards: Create custom leaderboards based on different activities, such as completing tasks, participating in discussion, or creating new content. This allows you reward your users for the most important activities to you.
- Gamification: Skool’s leaderboards and badges can be used to gamify your online courses and training programs. This can be used to make learning for your members more engaging and fun.
Easy of Use
Skool simplifies the cumbersome process for course creators to use different tools to organize their community together by providing a single platform where they can do everything they need to do. This allows course creators to save time and effort and stay focused on their work. Online Community Platform Definition
Skool Use Cases
Skool has a variety of uses. Here are some examples:
- Online Courses:
Skool offers a course creation tool that allows users to sell online courses. Skool allows course creators to manage their students and accept payments.
- Subscription Memberships
Skool offers a subscription-based feature that allows users to sell memberships. Members can access exclusive content, participate in community discussions, and receive support from the course creator.
- Group Funnels:
Skool’s feature of group funnels allows users the ability to create and maintain sales funnels. Users can create landing pages, opt-in forms, email sequences, and more.
- Coaching Programs
Skool offers a coaching program feature which allows users to design and sell their own coaching programs. Users can use Skool to manage their clients, schedule appointments, and accept payments.
Skool’s Mastermind feature allows you to create and sell groups of masterminds. Members can take part in group discussions and receive support from course creators. They can also network with each other.
- Support Forums
Skool’s support forum allows users to create and manage forums to support their courses or products. Users can use Skool to moderate discussions, answer questions, and provide support to their customers.
Skool has the ability to be used for creating and delivering SaaS products. Skool could be used to deliver a SaaS-based product that allows businesses to manage online learning programs.
- Influencer:Influencers can use Skool to engage and build their communities. Skool could be used, for example, by an influencer to create exclusive content and deliver it to members of their community or to host webinars and live events.
Who Should Use Skool?
Skool, a multi-purpose online learning tool, can be used to learn by anyone, including individuals, companies, and organizations. Skool will be useful for anyone who wants to create or sell online training programs or courses.
Businesses and organizations can use Skool to:
- Train employees to learn new skills
- Provide onboarding training for new hires
- Create and deliver customer education programs
- Live Webinars and Events
- Create a community for their brand
Individuals can use Skool to
- Create and sell training or online courses
- Build an audience for their expertise and a community around them Online Community Platform Definition
- Host webinars or events
- Connect with professionals in the same field
Pros and Cons
- Skool offers a unique set of features for community-centered programs.
- The platform has an outstanding user experience and is very easy to learn.
- Skool’s community is active and it is a rapidly growing platform.
- The platform simplifies the cumbersome process for course creators to use different tools to organize their communities together.
- Skool offers a visual calendar that helps members see everything in their local timezone and get reminder emails..
- Skool does not yet have certain essential features like video hosting.
- The price could be expensive, considering what other tools are needed for course creators.
- Skool may be limited for course creators needing a full tech stack.
Skool Pricing Plans
Skool’s unique pricing structure makes it stand out from other SaaS solutions. Skool has a $99 monthly pricing plan that includes all features.
- Users Unlimited
- Unlimited Courses
- Unlimited storage
- All community features
- All Course Hosting Features
- All the gamification features
- The other features
Skool provides a 14-day trial for free, allowing users to get a sense of the platform and its features before committing.
Skool’s powerful and affordable platform allows you to create communities, host online courses and gamify the learning experience. This platform is ideal for business owners and individuals looking to accomplish their goals while learning as a team.
If you are considering using Skool, try the 14-day free trial to see if it is right for you. You can read other user reviews to get feedback.
Overall, Skool is a great option for anyone who wants to build a thriving community and deliver high-quality courses to their students.
Skool Frequently Asked Questions Online Community Platform Definition
Who is Skool designed for?
Skool is for anyone who wants to build and engage with a community around a shared interest or goal. This includes:
- Course creators
- Nonprofit organizations
How do I get started with Skool?
To get started with Skool, create an account on the Skool website. You can build your community once you have an Skool account by adding members, creating forums and uploading content.
Can I use Skool for the sale of my courses?
Skool can be used to sell courses. Skool includes a wide range of features that will help you to sell your courses.
- Paid memberships
- Course analytics
- Gamification features.
Does Skool charge fees per transaction?
Skool will charge you a 2.9% fee + 30c for each transaction.
When does Skool payout?
Skool sends your available balance directly to your banking account on Wednesdays.
What currency does Skool use?
All prices are displayed in USD. Your local currency is used for payouts.
What is Skool’s refund policy?
Skool’s policy is to let creators offer refunds to members at their discretion. Skool has the right to refund members at its own discretion. Skool does not usually refund creators.