The following instructions will substitute letter grades for numeric grades in all grade items.
– Click on Grades from your navigation bar
– Under “Grades Area,” click on Grades Scheme
– Under Schemes List, Click New
– Type a Name for your grade scheme
– Type letter grades in the Symbol column of the Ranges table; begin with “F” in row 1
– Type “D-” and “D” in the next two rows, and fill in the corresponding percentages
– Click [Save]
– To add the rows for the remaining letter grade symbols, type “9” in the Add Ranges box and click the green + sign (see table below)
Fill in the remaining letter grades and percentages
– Click [Save] when done.
– Note that D2L Grade Schemes do NOT round off grades.
– The above example assumes 60% is passing, but grants students with 59.5 the D-.
For students to see the letter grade scheme, you need to do the following:
- In “Grades Area,” click on Settings
- In Grade Settings, click on Org Unit Display Options
- Next to Grade Details, uncheck Points Grade and Weighted Grade if they are checked, and check the boxes next to Grade Scheme Symbol and Grade Scheme Color
Click Save when done.