In Discussions, it is possible to see all postings for a particular student at once for a selected Topic, as well as to assess the Topic. Here’s how:
1. Locate the Discussion Topic you would like to review.
If you have not yet edited the Topic settings so it may be assessed, please continue to the next step. If the Topic settings have previously been modified to allow for assessment, skip to Step 4.
2. Click the [inverted arrow] to the right of the Topic and select [Edit Topic].
3. Under the [Assessment] tab, assign a general [Score out of] value under the Assessment tab. Click [Save and Close].
4. Click the inverted arrow to the right of the Topic and select [Assess Topic]. This takes you to a new window where you can sort by Users or Assessments.
5. Click on the [Assessments] tab and click on a student’s name to review their posts for the Topic.
6. In the new window, scroll down to the bottom and you will be able to view all posts by a particular student. (If desired, this list may be saved as a PDF, printed, or copied/pasted into a Word document, as well.)
NOTE: In this area, you may assess posts, provide a score, and click [Save and Close]. However, if you are assessing the Topic, please note that the Topic must be associated with a specific Grade item, and that it must be set to [Publish to Grades] in order to send the grade to the Gradebook. For more information on using Rubrics to assess Discussion posts, please see: http://uwmltc.org/?p=9111.
D2L 10.3 – June 2014