The News widget gives you the ability to create and add a News item to your D2L site immediately or create a news item for a future date.
- Do one of the following:
- Enter the news headline in the[Headline field.
- Enter the news content in the Content field.
- (Optional) If you want to hide your headline’s date and time clear “Always Show Start Date.” By default, a news item’s start date and time appears below its headline when displayed in the News widget.
- (Optional) News items are published immediately unless you specify an alternate start date from the Start Date drop-down list. Select the posting availability date in the Start Date and End Date drop-down lists or by clicking their Select Date icons (calendar).
- (Optional) You can make News remove an item on a specific date by selecting the check box “Remove news item based on end date.” You and administrators can still see the news item after its end date, but it will not appear in the News widget.
- (Optional) You can also include attachments and audio recordings as part of your news item:
- To add an attachment, click Add a File in the Attachments section.
- To record audio, click the Record Audio in the Attachments section. Click Flash Settings to make adjustments to your microphone selection and volume. Click Clear to erase your recording.
- (Optional) Click Attach Existing or Create and Attach to include additional release conditions.
- Click Save as Draft to continue editing the news item (students cannot see draft news items), or click Publish to release news item to users. Click Schedule to publish a news item with a future release date.
Scheduled status. News items with a future publish date are listed on the News page with a
If you want a news item to appear on Monday morning, specify a start date of Monday at 9:00am.
D2L 10.0 – June 2012