The News widget gives you the ability to create and add a News item to your D2L site immediately or create a news item for a future date.
To create a new News item:
2. Click [New Item] in the News tool.
3. Enter the news headline in the [Headline] field.
4. Enter the news content in the [Content] field.
- (Optional) To hide your headline’s date and time, clear “Always Show Start Date.” By default, a news item’s start date and time appears below its headline when displayed in the News widget.
- (Optional) To select the posting availability date, click the [Start Date] and [End Date] drop-down lists or click the [Select Date] icons (calendar). News items are published immediately unless you specify an alternate start date from the Start Date drop-down list.
- (Optional) To make a news item disappear on a specific date, select the check box [Remove news item based on end date]. You can still see the news item after its end date, but it will not appear in the News widget for students.
- (Optional) To include attachments and/or audio recordings as part of the news item:(Optional) Click [Attach Existing] or [Create and Attach] to include additional release conditions.
- Click [Add a File] in the Attachments section.
- Click the [Record Audio] in the Attachments section.
- Click [Flash Settings] to make adjustments to your microphone selection and volume.
- Click [Clear] to erase your recording.
5. Choose from the following:
- Click [Save as Draft] to continue editing the news item (students cannot see draft news items), or
- click [Publish] to release news item to users, or
- click [Schedule] to publish a news item with a future release date.
- News items with a future publish date are listed on the News page with a Scheduled status.
- If you set a News item’s start date as a future, the posting is not visible to users until that date.
- Post-dated news items are not displayed in the News widget even if users have permission to see future news items. They can be found within the list of news items on the News page.
D2L 10.01- January 2014