This tutorial will show you how to replace old video (or audio files) that may have been uploaded to UW-System’s streaming server, or to the UW-System MediaSpace pilot instance, with new media files using the [My Media] tool in D2L. If you need additional assistance or have questions about UW-System’s streaming server, or files uploaded to MediaSpace during the UW-System pilot, please contact Amy Mangrich (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Login to D2L at http://d2l.uwm.edu/, enter your course site and click [Content].
- Identify the video (or audio file) that you’d like to re-link and click the Topic title to view.
- To the right of the title pull-down the menu and select [Edit].
- In the HTML Editor, click and highlight the yellow embed box. Click the [Delete] key on your keyboard to delete the embedded media.
- The HTML Editor window will be empty.
- Click the [Insert Stuff] button (looks like play/pause/stop/fast-forward buttons).
- Click the [My Media] tab.
- Pull down the [Add New] menu.
- Select [Media Upload].
- Click [Choose a File to Upload].
Browse to the location on your computer where you have saved your file and select the file.
1. Enter a [Title] for your video.
2. Click [Next].
1. Click [Insert].
- When you return to the [Edit HTML File] window, you’ll see the media thumbnail and player.
- Click [Update].