The D2L Content tool uses an outline format which consists of headings (called Modules) and links (called Topics). Course content is created by first adding at least one Module, and then by adding a Topic link in one of the ways described below.
Option #1 – if you have already created the Module in which you’d like to place your URL link,click [Table of Contents] Identify the Module title from the list of Modules.
Option #2 – if you need to create a new Module in which you’ll place your URL link, click [Add a module…]. Provide a title for the Module.
1. Under the Module in which you will place the URL link, click [New] and select [Create a Link] from the drop-down menu.
2. Enter a [Title] for your URL link and insert the [URL].
- Ensure that http:// is only listed once in the [URL] field.
- Click the box in front of [Open as External Resource].
- Click [Create].
Note: In addition to linking to a URL, topic link may take the student to one of the following (please see additional tutorials on these procedures):
- a file that has been uploaded or created in D2L (http://uwmltc.org/?p=8531)
- another area in your D2L course site (e.g., Quizzes, Discussions, Dropbox) (http://uwmltc.org/?p=8877)
D2L 10.3 – May 2014