1. From the D2L Course Home page, click on [Quizzes] in the main navigation bar
- OPTIONAL: Enter a “Title” and change the number of “Points” for this question
6. Click in the “Question text” area and type your question
- OPTIONAL: Click on [Add a file] to upload an image that will display along with the question text
- OPTIONAL: Choose enumeration and style. We recommend retaining the defaults.
7. Click the checkbox beside “Randomize options” to ensure that the answers appear in random order for each student
- Note: it is important to avoid answers such as “all of the above” and “none of the above” when randomizing, since the answers will not be displayed in the order you are typing them.
8. Note that, by default, there are four “options” (possible answers)
- OPTIONAL: Click on [Add Option] to increase the number of possible answers. Click on the [trash can] icon to the far right to remove one or more possible answers.
9. Click on each text box under the “Value” column heading and type each possible answer
10. Click on each dropdown menu under the “Weight” column heading and assign a percentage of the total points for this question. For example, you may choose a weight of 100% for the correct answer and 0% for all incorrect answers.
- OPTIONAL: Click on the [View] icon to see how the question will appear to the students, and how it will be graded.
- OPTIONAL: After completing a question, click on [Save and New] to save the current question and immediately begin creation of a new question without first returning to the question list.
- OPTIONAL: Alternatively, click on [Save and Copy] to save the current question and create an editable copy. This is particularly useful when creating a series of questions that are very similar.
D2L 10.0 June 2012