Grade by Quiz Attempt
1. From the D2L Course Home page, click on [Quizzes] in the main navigation bar
2. From the drop-down menu to the right of the desired quiz, click on [Grade], which has a “yellow ruler + green checkmark” icon
4. Click on the “Restrict to” drop-down menu
5. Choose “All users”
6. In the list of students, you will see:
- “attempt 1” below the names of students who have completed the quiz.
- “attempt 1 (in progress)” for students who have opened the quiz, but who have not completed the submission process.
- “attempt 1 (late by xx:xx:xx)” for completed attempts that exceeded the time limit.
- “no “attempt 1” for students who have not yet opened the quiz
7. Click on “Attempt 1” for the first student.
8. To grade fill-in-the-blank and essay (long answer or short answer) questions, type the points earned in the “Score” box for each question. NOTE: D2L automatically grades multiple choice, matching, and true/false questions.
9. Click on [Save]
10. Use the “left/right arrows” at the top of the screen to go to the next student.
11. Repeat steps 7-10 for each student’s quiz
Grade by Question
This method can be used on any question type, but it is especially helpful for short answer and long answer questions.
- From the D2L Course Home page, click on [Quizzes] in the main navigation bar
- From the drop-down menu to the right of the desired quiz, click on [Grade], which has a “yellow ruler + green checkmark” icon
- Select the [Questions] tab
- Choose whether to use “blind marking” so students’ names are hidden while you are grading
- Click the title of the first question to be graded
- [Optional]: If you want to see multiple student’s answers at once, change the view box at the top of the page from 1 to either 5, 10, or 20 in the drop down menu.
- Grade the first student’s response by typing the points earned in the “Score” box and offering feedback if desired.
- Click “Save and Continue” to move to the next student’s response
- After grading the last student’s response, click [Save].
- Click [Go Back to Questions].