The D2L Content tool uses an outline format which consists of headings (Modules) and links (Topics). Content is created by first adding at least one Module, and then by adding a Topic. A Topic may include an Activity, which links to other parts of your D2L course site (e.g., an existing Discussion Forum/Topic, a Dropbox folder, or a Quiz).
1. Click [Table of Contents].
2. Locate the Module in which you will place the link to a D2L Activity.
3. Click [Add Existing Activities] and [select an activity] from the drop-down menu.
4. For example, if you select [Discussions], you will then have an option to select a particular Discussion Forum and its associated Discussion Topic from a list.
4a. Select the [Discussion Forum].
4b. Then, select the associated [Discussion Topic].
5. The Discussion Activity now appears in the Content Module.
In addition to creating a link to a D2L Activity, Topic links may take the student to one of the following (please see additional tutorials on these procedures):
- a file that has been uploaded or created in D2L (http://uwmltc.org/?p=8531)
- an Internet resource/URL (http://uwmltc.org/?p=9216)
D2L 10.3 – May 2014