Content statistics display the number of users who visited course content, as well as the average time users spent viewing content. The instructor can view overall course content statistics and specific statistics for individual topics.
NOTES: (a) A user who visits multiple times is only counted once. (b) The total number of users counted in statistics does not include users who have permission to Manage Content (e.g., Instructors, TAs). (c) Calculated time users spent viewing overall content or individual topics does not include user session timeouts –nor– the users currently visiting content topics as you view statistic details.
To see what Modules and Topics your students have (or have not) been viewing:
1. Go to [Content].
2. Click [Table of Contents] in the left sidebar navigation.
3. Click [Related Tools] and select [View Reports].
By default, you will see the list of Content items and the number of users who have visited each item.
Click on a number under [Users Visited] to see:
- the total number of users who visited the topic
- a list of all the students in the class, with individual details:
- when the topic was last visited by the student
- total number of visits by the student
- total time and average time spent by the student during each visit to the topic.
Click on the [Users] tab to see the list of student names and the number of Content topics each has visited.
Click on a student’s name to get statistics for all of the Content topics they have viewed.
D2L 10.3 – April 2015