Linking an Automatically-Graded Quiz to an Existing Gradebook Item
Follow these instructions if you created an objective (multiple choice, True/False, etc.) quiz or exam in D2L AND you also created a Grade item (or have a pre-existing one) for the quiz/exam… BUT you did not originally link the quiz/exam scores to the grade item in the Gradebook.
1. Click on [Quizzes].
2. Click the title of the quiz you want to link to the gradebook.
3. Click on the “Assessment” tab. Select the drop-down menu under “Grade item.” Then make sure that the box beside “Auto Export to Grades” is checked.
4. Click [Save and Close].
5. Click the Grade link (yellow ruler and checkmark icon) from the drop-down menu next to the Quiz.
6. On the Users tab, be sure you’re seeing ALL the students in your class. If not, click the “per page” drop-down arrow above the list of students and select the number that accommodates your class size. If your class is larger than the maximum allowed, you’ll need to do the following steps for EACH PAGE of students.
- Click the [G] in the gray header bar — this will ADD checkmarks in the final column for each student.
- Click Update
- Check the Gradebook; you should see the quiz scores in the grade item column.
NOTE: If you change the scoring for a quiz or exam that is already linked to a grade item (e.g., because you corrected a mis-keyed question), you will also need to update quiz scores. In this case, follow steps 1-6. At step 6, you should see checkmarks already next to the students’ names. Click the [G] icon to remove these checkmarks and then click [Update]; this removes old scores from the Gradebook. Then click the [G] icon to place new checkmarks next to student names and click [Update] one more time to make the corrected scores flow to the grade item.
7. Check the grade item in the gradebook… the grades should be there!
D2L 10.3 June 2014