1. From the D2L Course Home page, click on [Quizzes] in the main navigation bar.
2. Click on the title of the quiz in the “Quiz List.”
3. In the [Properties] tab, click on [Add/Edit Questions].
4. From the [New] drop-down menu, choose “Long Answer Question (LA).”
5. Click in the [Question text] area and type your question.
- OPTIONAL: Click on [Insert an image] to upload an image that will display along with the question text.
6. Define the [Input Box] as “50 rows” and “100 columns.”
8. Select [Allow Html Editor to be used for responses].
- OPTIONAL: Type an “Answer Key” if you wish. Students will not see it.
9. Click [Save]. The list of all questions for this quiz will be displayed.
- OPTIONAL: Click on [Preview] to see how the question will appear to the students, and how it will be graded.
- OPTIONAL: After completing a question, click on [Save and New] to save the current question and immediately begin creation of a new question without first returning to the question list.
- OPTIONAL: Alternatively, click on [Save and Copy] to save the current question and create an editable copy. This is particularly useful when creating a series of questions that are very similar.
D2L 10.3 June 2014