- To save an electronic copy of Discussions, an instructor must either copy-and-paste into Microsoft Word or another word processor, or print posts to a PDF file.
- Saving / printing IN READING VIEW is only available by Thread; it is not possible to print or save an entire Forum or an entire Topic. (To print by Topic, switch to “Grid View.”)
Important: this tutorial assumes you are seeing Discussions in “Reading View.”
1. On the D2L Course Home page, click [Discussions] on the navigation bar.
2. On the Discussions List page, click on the name of the Topic you wish to print / save posts from.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow next to the post and select [Print Thread]. A window will appear with the text from all posts.
- If Adobe Acrobat is installed, you can also select the [Print] button in the window to open the Print settings window for your computer. Select [Adobe PDF] as your printer.
- If you use other PDF software, use that software to convert the posts to a PDF.
- If you have Microsoft Office XP or higher for Windows, you can also print the document to ‘Microsoft Office Document Image Writer” which will save all pages as a multi-page TIFF file.
- Alternatively, you could highlight all text, then copy-and-paste into Word or another word processor document.
For technical assistance in using Adobe, MS Office, or other software, please contact the UWM Help Desk.