Using UW-Milwaukee Desire2Learn (D2L) Course Websites
Materials for this course are available on a Desire2Learn (D2L) course website. Students may see these materials there anytime using a standard web browser.
A complete and up-to-date list of recommended browsers and settings can always be found at: http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=3210. Please contact the UWM Help Desk, as described at the bottom of this page, with any questions about these requirements.
How to Find and Browse D2L Course Websites
1. Go directly to the D2L login webpage at http://d2l.uwm.edu.
2. On the D2L page, choose the gold button labeled UWM ePanther.
3. On the next page, type your ePanther username and password, then hit [Login].
- Feel free to bookmark the D2L login webpage.
- To prevent failed log-ins, please DO NOT BOOKMARK the UWM “1Login” page.
4. On the D2L MyHome webpage, find the area called My Courses. You’ll see your active courses here, arranged by semester, with the newest semester at the top.
- You may need to click the gray arrow to the far right of the semester title to open the list.
- You may also need to click the gray arrow to the right of the department title to reveal course links.
5. Click any course title to see the Course Home page. Click Content in the navigation bar to begin exploring the site.
- If you have any difficulty getting into the course website, close down your web browser completely and open it up again. Try logging on again. If you do not know your ePanther ID or password, please get help as indicated below.
- When you are finished looking at your D2L course sites, always click Log Out. This is especially important if you are sharing a computer. Otherwise, the next person who uses the machine will be using your D2L account!
What To Do If You Have Problems With Desire2Learn (D2L)
If you have any difficulties with D2L, including problems with your login (e.g., you forgot your password, or if you just can’t get on), please contact the UWM Help Desk as follows:
- Report the problem via online web form at GetTechHelp.uwm.edu.
- Call the UWM Help Desk at 414.229.4040.
- Go to Bolton 225 (this lab is not open all day or on weekends – call 414.229.4040 for specific hours).