Important: D2L does NOT have a “sent mail” folder, so we recommend you send yourself a copy of the email in the cc: area!
Click on [Classlist] in the main navigation bar
- Check the square box on the left of an individual student’s name or select the square box at the top of the field to select all the students in the course.
- Click on [Email] above the box that contains the user names. *(The icon looks like an envelope with a blue star in the corner).*
4. In the popup “Compose New Message” window, type the subject of the email in the [Subject:] text box.
5. Type the body of your email in the [Message:] text box.
OPTIONAL: To add an attachment, scroll down and click [Upload] (a second popup window will appear; find the desired file and select by clicking on it; the second popup window will disappear once a file is selected to attach); OR [Drag and Drop] a file as an attachment from your device to the [Drop Files Here] area near ‘Attachments’.
6. Click on [Send]
Known Issues: D2L can send approximately 200 emails per request; there is a limit of 4100 characters allowed in any of the address fields in the D2L email tool.
- Workaround: Send the email message from the Classlist to only one page of students at a time by checking “Select all rows” and then selecting the “E-mail selected users in a new window on this page” icon.