Submitting an ePortfolio to D2L's Dropbox
Before you begin, you must:
- Use Firefox or Chrome as your browser. DO NOT use Safari. If you need to download and install Firefox, see: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ or Chrome, see: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
- Have a completed ePortfolio Presentation. If you need to create an ePortfolioPresentations see: http://uwmltc.org/?p=8183
- Have text and/or images added to your ePortfolio Pages. If you need add content to your ePortfolio Pages, see: http://uwmltc.org/?p=8167
- Have access to a D2L Dropbox Folder that your instructor has been made available to you.
You may consider printing this tutorial and referencing it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/vM4QFcq0
If you have not already done so, log in to D2L (http://d2l.uwm.edu) using your ePanther ID and password. Go to your D2L course site by clicking on the name of your course.
- Once you are in our course, click on [Dropbox] in the upper navigation bar.
- Select the [ePortfolio] tab.
- Identify your [Presentation] from the list of items and check the box to the left (a presentation will be marked by an icon that looks like a easle with a green graph).
- Click the [Select Item] button.
You will receive verification of your completed submission with a record of the time and date.
- To close the [Submit files] window, click [Done].
Step #7 – IMPORTANT
It is imperative that you check that your ePortfolio Presentation has attached properly. To do this, return to the Dropbox folder in which you originally submitted.
- Under [Submissions], click the blue number (this indicates the number of files you submitted to this folder).
Step #8 – IMPORTANT
In the [Submissions History] area, identify the ePortfolio submission by the file extension .d2lresource
- Check whether the file is over 1 Kilobyte. If the file is LESS THAN 1000 Bytes, the Presentation has not attached properly.
- Check whether YOU can view the Presentation, by clicking on the .d2lresource file link. Once the link is clicked, a new window will open, if your Presentation DOES NOT appear and the new window displays a blank white page, the Presentation has not attached properly.
If your Presentation DID NOT attach properly, please try to submit your Presentation again, using the steps above. Be sure to use FireFox or Chrome as your browser. You may also want to try uploading using a high speed, wired ethernet connection after 8pm in the evening when internet traffic is not as high.