Choosing the right grades setup will facilitate ease of use:
- From the Course Home page, click [Grades]
- Click [Settings] (the small link in the upper right of the Grades screen)
- Click [Calculation Options]
- Under Grading System
- choose weighted if grade categories and items count as a percentage of the Final Grade –or–
- choose Points if total points, not percentages, equal the Final Grade
- Skip down to Grade Calculations and choose drop ungraded items. At the end of the semester, it is useful to change the “Grade Calculations” setting. See this post for information on treating ungraded items as 0.
- Click Save.
Important Note: DO NOT select “Automatically keep final grades updated.” It has an adverse effect upon overall D2L system performance and response times. Instructors may update final grades at any time without using this option.