Choosing the right grades setup will facilitate ease of use
- From the Course Home page, click on Grades
- Click Settings (the small link under Edit Course or Logout at the upper right side of the Grades screen).
- Click Calculation Options.
- Under Grading System choose weighted (if grade categories and items count as a percentage of the Final Grade) or choose Points (where total points, not percentages, equal the Final Grade)
- Skip down to Grade Calculations and choose drop ungraded items
- Click Save.
Important Note: DO NOT select “Automatically keep final grades updated.” It has an adverse effect upon overall D2L response time. Instructors may update final grades at any time without using this option.
OPTIONAL: At the end of the semester, it is useful to change the “Grade Calculations” setting. Just click Grades Settings > Calculation Options and select Treat ungraded items as O.