The D2L Content tool uses an outline format which consists of non-clickable headings (called Modules) and clickable links to files (called Topics). Course content is created by first adding at least one module, and then by adding a topic link in one of the ways described below.
Create a Module:
Note: that all Content outlines must have at least one Module heading.
1. In your D2L course, click on the [Content] link in the NavBar.
2. Type in the title of the module heading where it says [Add a module...].
The module has now been created and will appear to the right.
Add a Topic:
Note: A Topic link may take the student to one of the following:
- a file that has been uploaded or created in D2L
- another area in your D2L course site (e.g., Quizzes, Discussions, Dropbox)
- an Internet resource
To Upload a File to D2L:
1. Click on [New] and choose [Upload Files] from the dropdown menu
2. You may now either drag the file over or click [Upload] and find your file.
3. If you want to change the title, click on document name. You will be able to change the title. This title will show as the clickable link on the Content page.