The D2L Content tool uses an outline format which consists of non-clickable headings (called Modules) and clickable links to files (called Topics). Course content is created by first adding at least one module, and then by adding a topic link in one of the ways described below.
Create a Module:
Note: that all Content outlines must have at least one Module heading.
1. In your D2L course, click on the [Content] link in the NavBar.
2. Click on [Add Content] and choose [New Module].
3. Type the [Title] for this Module heading.
4. Finish by clicking [Save and Close].
Add a Topic:
Note: A Topic link may take the student to one of the following:
- a file that has been uploaded or created in D2L
- another area in your D2L course site (e.g., Quizzes, Discussions, Dropbox)
- an Internet resource
To Upload a File to D2L:
1. On the [Manage Content] page, click [Add Content]
2. Choose [Upload File] from the dropdown menu
3. Select the proper Module heading under [Parent Module].
4. Type a Title. This title will show as the clickable link on the Content page.
4. Click [Browse] to locate the file on your computer.
5. OPTIONAL: If desired, click [Choose Destination] to select the location within Course Files where the uploaded file will be stored. Avoid special characters when naming the file.
6. Click [Save and Close].
D2L 10.0 – Aug 2013