Instructors are urged to give students these guidelines to avoid technical problems during online quizzes:
- Choose the most reliable internet connection and device available:
- A campus computer lab is best. Next in reliability are cable modem and DSL connections. Dial-up is not recommended.
- Use a “hard-wired” internet connection, NOT WIRELESS.
- Mobile devices are not recommended.
- SAVE each answer as you move through the quiz.
- CHECK your answers prior to submitting the quiz. If you change an answer, verify that the change is saved prior to submitting the quiz.
- WAIT a minute after hitting Submit Quiz, before shutting down the browser or logging out of D2L — this allows the system to properly save your responses and do the auto-grading, if that option is enabled.
- If you have browser issues (e.g., the browser “freezes”) or if you lose internet connectivity during the quiz, you should
- shut down the browser (do not submit the quiz; do not log out)
- open a new browser window
- log back into D2L
- navigate to the course and enter the quiz again
- continue taking the quiz.
- NOTE: In a timed quiz, the clock keeps ticking.
D2L 10.0 June 2012