Question: After the quiz period is over, I’d like to show the students how they answered the questions. How do I do this?
Answer: Set up a quiz Submission View to be released to students at a specific date and time, and choose the information they will see.
- Go the the Quizzes area of your course site and click on the quiz you need to edit.
- Then click on the Submission Views tab at the top. You will see a Default View. Best Practice: Never change the default submission view. Simply create a new submission view with the times they are to become visible to students. At those times, the added submission views trump the default view!
To create a new submission view:
- Click Add Additional View and get the screen shown below.
- Type a Name for the Submission View.
- This Submission View is only available to students after the date and time that you select.
- Make choices from the options available. In the Submission View below, students will see each question *with* their responses, but neither the correct nor incorrect answers. Students will also see their score on each question, and their overall score for the Quiz. To show a full key, simply put a check in the Show Question Answer box. To show students only the questions they answered either incorrectly or correctly, click on the appropriate radio button.
- When you are done making your selections, click Save and Close at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: Students will see the new Submission View immediately after the new view is saved unless you select a ‘future’ date under View Restrictions. Thus if you are providing an answer key, you would select Show question answers and enter a date after the quiz period is over.
D2L 10.0 June 2012