What if I need to give student time and a half? What if a student was sick and I need to give them a couple more days to take the quiz? Follow these steps to give special access to quizzes for students when your quizzes are already set up:
- Go into each of the quizzes that you need to allow students special access.
- Click on the [Restrictions] tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Restrictions page until you see a heading that reads Advanced Availability.
- Make sure that Allow selected users special access to this quiz under the heading is checked.
- Click on [Add Users to Special Access].
- On this screen, you should see a heading that reads Special Access Properties. Under this heading, you can adjust start dates, end dates, and time limits for the student.
- Scroll down the page to Users. In the class roster under this heading, place a checkmark next to one or more students for whom you will provide special access with the selected dates, times and other conditions for the quiz.
- Click the [Add Special Access] button on the bottom right of the screen to save the changes.
- You can create different special access conditions to meet the needs of different students by clicking [Add Users to Special Access] and selecting a student or students to whom the particular conditions you set will apply.
- TO EDIT: You can always edit access for students that are visible under Add users to special access” button by clicking on the little pencil icon by their names.
Introduction to Quizzes Video
LTC Staff have prepared a brief general D2L overview video just regarding the initial steps required in setting up a quiz.