There is a known issue in Firefox and Chrome, which may yield a blank screen when a user clicks a link, rather than loading the intended D2L Content item.
To unblock the content:
You may see a shield icon at the top of the browser window.
- In Firefox, it will appear to the left of the web address.
- In Chrome, it is on the right side.
To change the setting:
- click [Keep Blocking]
- select [Disable protection on this site]
- repeat as needed for this and other sites — to our knowledge, there is no way to disable this new feature
Additional information is available on the Firefox support blog: http://blog.mozilla.org/security/2013/05/16/mixed-content-blocking-in-firefox-aurora/
For instructors and students:
- Blank Screens or Hidden Widgets Result from Mixed-Content Blocking by Chrome and Firefox Browsers: http://knownissues.learnuw.wisconsin.edu/?issue=LUW-29
- Adding YouTube Videos to Content – Issues and Workarounds : https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/KnownIssuesList/RequestController?issueId=92989&stylesheet=knownissues.css