This tutorial will show you how to embed a YouTube video in your D2L course site.
You may consider printing this tutorial and referencing it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/G0F3V5FX
Navigate to the YouTube video you’d like to embed in your D2L course site. Once you are are viewing a video, you can obtain the Embed Code by following these directions:
- Click the [Share] button at the bottom of your video.
- Click the [Embed] button.
- UNCHECK the box in front of [Show suggested videos when the video finishes].
- CHECK the box in front of [Use old embed code].
- Click into the box with the embed code to highlight the text. Copy the text by hitting [CTRL+C] on your PC keyboard or [Command+C] on your Mac keyboard.
Once the YouTube embed code is copied to your clipboard, you can paste the code into a Content item in D2L using the instructions below:
- Login to D2L at http://d2l.uwm.edu/, enter your course site and click [Content].
Option #1 – if you have already created the Module in which you’d like to place your video, click [Table of Contents] Identify the Module title from the list of Modules.
Option #2 – if you need to create a new Module in which you’ll place your video, click [Add a module…]. Provide a title for the Module.
- Pull down the menu under [New].
- Select [Create a File].
- Provide a [Title] for your video.
- In the HTML editor, click the [Insert Stuff] button.
- Click the [Enter Embed Code] tab.
- Paste the text you copied from YouTube in Step #1 by hitting [CTRL+V] on your PC keyboard or [Command+V] on your Mac keyboard.
- Click [Next].
- You will see a preview of your video in the window.
- Click the [Insert] button.
- Once you return to the [Create a File] window, select [Publish].
You should see your video in the window. You can test to make sure the video is embedded properly.