1. Log into D2L and go to your new course site
2. Click on [Edit Course] in the upper right hand corner.
3. Click on [Import/Export/Copy Components]
4. Under the heading What would you like to do? choose [Copy Components from another Org Unit]. Be sure [Include Protected Resources] is checked.
5. Click the [Start] button
6. Using the dropdown box, find the old course site you want to copy from. Note: do NOT use “search for offering” – you will get an error when you try to “add selected.”
7. Wait a few seconds, and your screen will change.
8. Either choose to copy everything by checking the “Select All Components” box, or “Select Individual Items” to copy.
9. Click on the [Continue] button at the lower left corner, to proceed through the rest of the process.
10. The next screen allows you to make changes or confirm what you have selected. Click [Finish] to finish the process.
11. Remember that to copy your course Content, you must copy both “Content” and “Course Files”!
After you’ve copied components into your new course site, we recommend making the following adjustments:
- Quizzes: adjust availability dates for both the quiz -and- for any “submission views” that include answer keys. Link: http://uwmltc.org/?p=905
- Gradebook: delete “overall comments” for any copied grade items. Also, make adjustments if you dropped one or more items in a category at the end of the previous semester and/or if you had grade calculations treating a “null” grade as a zero at the end of the previous semester. Link: http://uwmltc.org/?p=788
- News, Discussions, Dropboxes, Surveys, Content, Quizzes: adjust or remove date restrictions and release conditions.
- News and Discussions: if you embedded a link to a course file –even if you replaced the file in Manage Files with another of the same name –the original file will remain linked! To ensure students will have access to the linked file, delete the link and rebuild it using the file in the current course site. Link: http://uwmltc.org/?p=896
- Groups: existing group parameters and categories are replicated in the new site. This could be good or bad, depending on how the current course varies from the former offering. Link: http://uwmltc.org/?s=creating+groups
D2L 10.0 – July 2012