1. Log into D2L
2. Click on the title of theD2L site you want to copy things TO
3. Click on [Edit Course] in the upper right hand corner of your navbar
4. Click on [Import/Export/Copy Components]
5. Under the heading What would you like to do? choose [Copy Components from another Org Unit]. Be sure [Include Protected Resources] is checked.
6. Click the [Search for Offering] button
7. In the popup window, find the old course site you want to copy from.
8. Click [Select Components].
9. Either click [Select All Components] or choose the components to be copied.
IMPORTANT: Remember that to copy your course Content, you must copy both “Content” and “Course Files”!
10. Click on the [Continue] button.
11. The next screen allows you to make changes or confirm what you have selected. Click [Finish].
12. Wait for green check marks to appear as each Component is successfully copied.
13. Click [Done].
After you’ve copied components into your new course site, we recommend making the following adjustments:
- Quizzes: adjust availability dates for both
- delete “overall comments” for any copied grade items.
- Also, make adjustments
- if you dropped one or more items in a category at the end of the previous semester and/or
- if you had grade calculations treating a “null” grade as a zero at the end of the previous semester. Link: http://uwmltc.org/?p=788
- News, Discussions, Dropboxes, Surveys, Content, Quizzes: adjust or remove
- date restrictions and
- release conditions.
- News and Discussions: if you embedded a link to a course file –even if you replaced the file in Manage Files with another of the same name –the original file will remain linked! To ensure students will have access to the linked file, delete the link and rebuild it using the file in the current course site. Link: http://uwmltc.org/?p=896
- Groups: existing group parameters and categories are replicated in the new site. This could be good or bad, depending on how the current course varies from the former offering. Link: http://uwmltc.org/?s=creating+groups
D2L 10.0 – Aug 2013