Courses are listed by semester in the My Courses area of the D2L “MyHome” page, with the newest semester at the top.
Users with more than one Role in D2L (e.g., “Instructor”-and- “Enrolled Student”), must first choose the appropriate Role tab. Cross-listed courses will appear as a listing under each department; please compare the last 6 digits of the URL (the “OU number”) — it is a single course site if the OU number is the same for each listing.
To show or hide all your courses for a particular semester, click the “arrow” icon to the right of the semester name. [Note: due to a known issue with D2L, the collapsed semesters will reopen each time you come to the MyHome page.]
- Is the course site you are looking for still not visible?
- Please check whether you can see it in PAWS. If so, please fill out a D2L Course Site Request so we can create it for you!
- If not, your department must add you as the Instructor of Record in PAWS. The next day, you should see the course in D2L.
- Perhaps your D2L site doesn’t combine your classes in they way you’d like?
- Please let us know! Sometimes the humans at the Learning Technology Center just don’t guess correctly (based on the online schedule) which classes and sections should be combined into single D2L course sites.
- If this is the case, please gather all the essential information (including the exact section number/s — please don’t guess, or you could end up with the wrong students!) and fill out the web-based UWM D2L Course Site Request form .
- After we receive your request, your D2L course site will usually be available within 24 hours, and student enrollments will normally happen overnight.
D2L 10.0 – July 2012