This tutorial will show instructors how to upload media (video or audio file) into the Course Media tool in D2L.
Before you begin:
- You must have access to the Course Media tool in D2L. If you do not see the Course Media link in your course navigation bar, your instructor has not provided access to the tool. In order to providing student access to Course Media, instructors should see the following tutorial on adding the Course Media tool to the Navigation Bar: http://uwmltc.org/?p=12882
- As a student, if you have uploaded media to the Course Media tool, your instructor must approve your contribution before it be viewed or shared (through embed code) in the Course Media Gallery. If your media is not visible in the Course Media Gallery, your instructor has not yet approved your contribution. To approve student contributions, instructors should see the following tutorial: http://uwmltc.org/?p=12898.
- You should have ready, instructions from your instructor on where you will paste the embed code. Once you complete this tutorial you will have embed code copied to your clipboard that will need to be pasted in a location specified by your instructor.
You may consider printing this tutorial and referencing it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/1IPLEvPq
When you first enter the Course Media Gallery, you will see a notification of the number of approved contributions made by your and your peers and your instructor. Note: You may browse the entries by sorting alphabetically or by most recent contributions.
- Click on the thumbnail picture to select the media for viewing or sharing.
The media will begin to play upon entry.
- To copy the embed code to your clipboard for pasting into another website, first click the [Share] button.
- Select the [Player Skin].
- Select the [Player Size]. Your instructor may have provided instructions about the appropriate player size, so be sure to check directions.
- When you have chosen the player options, the entire embed code code should be highlighted in the [Embed] area. Copy the code by hitting [CTRL+C] on your PC keyboard or [Command+C] on your Mac keyboard.
You will now have the media’s embed code copied to your clipboard. Please refer to the directions provided by your instructor to determine where you’ll paste the code for final delivery.
Above you will see an example of the embed code you copied. When you paste the code, ensure that the beginning of the code starts with <iframe id"kaltura_player" . . . and ends with </iframe> If the entire string of code is not copied and pasted properly the media will not play. If this should occur, complete this tutorial again, paying special attention to Step #4.