The Course Media tool is a central library (repository) of all media uploaded by instructors and students in a specific D2L course. The Course Media tool requires "instructor moderation" however. This means that in order for student media to be viewed or shared (through embed code), the instructor must [Approve] all media uploaded by students. This tutorial shows instructors how to "approve" media (video or audio file) uploaded by students to the Course Media tool in D2L.
Before you begin, you must:
- Provide student access to the Course Media tool. Instructors must add the Course Media link to the Navigation Bar. The following tutorial describes this process: http://uwmltc.org/?p=12882.
- Students must upload audio or video files through the Course Media tool, using these instructions: http://uwmltc.org/?p=12891.
- Have separate due dates for submissions and media viewing. It is common to scaffold projects to have a deadline for submitting media contributions that allows ample time for instructor to approve submissions before student are required to view or share peers’ contributions.
The "Course Media Gallery" displays 1) instructor (your) media contributions that have been published to the Course Media Gallery and 2) student media contributions that have been approved the instructor. Neither you nor your students will not see media contributions uploaded by students in the Course Media Gallery until you (the instructor) has approved the contribution.
When you first enter the Course Media Gallery, you will see a notification of the number of student contributions waiting to be approved and the number of contributions currently in the Course Media Gallery.
- To approve media uploaded by students, click the [Pending] button.
In the Media Gallery Pending area, you will see a list of videos awaiting approval.
- You may click the [Approve] button for individual contributions.
- -OR- To approve all contributions, click the checkbox above the entries to [select all] and click the top [Approve] button.
- To return to the Course Media Gallery, click the [Media] button on the top left.