This tutorial will show you how to upload media (video or audio file) into the Course Media tool in D2L.
Before you begin, you must:
- You must have access to the Course Media tool in D2L. If you do not see the Course Media link in your course navigation bar, your instructor has not provided access to the tool. In order to providing student access to Course Media, instructors should see the following tutorial on adding the Course Media tool to the Navigation Bar: http://uwmltc.org/?p=12882
- A media file (video or audio file) that you have created that is LESS THAN 2GB file size (For best results with video, it is recommend that you prepare the video at a resolution of 1280×720 using the H.264 video codec at about 4000 kbps).
You may consider printing this tutorial and referencing it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/eFFu5RL9
The "Course Media Gallery" displays 1) instructor media contributions that have been published to the Course Media Gallery and 2) student media contributions that have been approved the instructor. Students will not see their uploaded media contributions in the Course Media Gallery until the instructor has approved the contribution.
- To upload media for instructor approval, click the [Add Media] button.
The "Add Media" area displays all the media contributions from a single users. So, when you enter the Add Media area you’ll see all the media you have uploaded. Including media that has been approved by the instructor, media that has not yet been approved and media you’ve uploaded from other courses.
- To upload a media file, click the [Add Media] button.
- Click the [Choose a file to upload] button.
Browse to the location on your computer where you have saved your media file and select the file.
- Enter a [Name:] for your media and any other information as indicated by the instructor. Note: you should follow the naming convention provided by the instructor. A common naming convention is the name of your media followed by your name in parenthesis.
- Click the [Save] button.
Take note of the message that your "media may not be published until approved" by the instructor.
Once saved, you’ll receive a confirmation message.
- Click the [Go To Media Gallery] button.
- -OR- OPTIONAL: You may [Choose another file] to upload and repeat Step #5.
You newly uploaded media will not be visible in the Course Media Gallery until your instructor has approved the contribution.
Once approved, your media will appear in the Course Media Gallery along with your instructor’s media contributions (that have been published to the Course Media Gallery for this course) and your fellow students’ media contributions that have been approved the instructor.