Step 1: Create a Turning Account
To access the Turning Point Cloud (TPC) software, you must create a Turning Technologies Account (instructors who previously allowed ResponseWare in their classes already have an account). Here is how to get an account and download and install TPC:
- Go to https://account.turningtechnologies.com/account/.
- Enter your email address and click Create Account.
- Check your email and click the link to verify your Turning Account.
- Enter all required fields on the Profile page (NOTE: select the Instructor role).
- Accept the Terms and Conditions to create your account.
Step 2: Download & Install TPC Software
You will want to install TPC on a PC since virtually all classroom podium computers are equipped with PCs for presentations (Contact CETL if you intend to use a Mac for presentation). To install TPC, login to your Turning Account:
- After your Turning Account has been created, sign in to your Turning Account.
- Click Downloads from the left menu.
- Select the appropriate version of TurningPoint Cloud for your computer – PC No Install or Mac-No Install (NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your computer to download the Install version of the software).
- Save the file to a specified location.
- Open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When you are done, a TPC launch icon may appear on your desktop.
Step 3: Launch TurningPoint Cloud
- Open TurningPoint Cloud (the TPC launch icon may be on your desktop).
- Fill in your Turning Account login information and click Sign In. (NOTE: If you click Remember Me, you will only need to enter your password in the future.)
- After sign-in you will see the TurningPoint Cloud dashboard.
- Please see additional TPC tutorials for further instructions.
NOTE: Tutorials with instructions for students on how to get a Turning account and how to participate with clickers or ResponseWare is provided by CETL. Feel free to refer your students to this information: Clickers Guide for Students.