This tutorial will show you how to upload and embed an audio file (or a video) into a Quiz question in D2L using the My Media tool.
You may consider printing this tutorial and referencing it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/k7Pa6lrk
Before you begin, you must:
- Created a basic quiz. For instructions on this process, see: http://uwmltc.org/?p=8496
- An audio file (or video) that is LESS THAN 2GB file size (For best results with video, it is recommend that you prepare the video at a resolution of 1280×720 using the H.264 video codec at about 4000 kbps).
- Once you are in your course site, click on [Quizzes] in the upper navigation bar.
Identify the Quiz in which you’d like to add audio questions.
- Pull down the window to the right of the quiz and select [Edit].
- Click the [Add/Edit Questions] button.
- To create a new question, pull down the menu to the right of [New].
- Select the type of quiz question you wish to create.
- In the HTML editor, under [Question Text], click the [Insert Stuff] button (looks like play/pause/stop/fast-forward buttons).
- A new window will pop up. Click the button [My Media].
- To embed a video (or audio file) that you have ALREADY uploaded, identify the media from the list and click the title. Skip to Step #9.
- To upload a NEW video (or audio file), pull down the [Add New] menu and click [Media Upload]. Continue to Step #7.
- Enter a [Title] and an optional [Description] for the media asset.
- Click the [Next] button.
- Click [Choose a File to Upload]. Browse to the location on your computer where you have saved your file and select the file.
- Click [Next].
You will see a preview of your video (or audio file).
- Click the [Insert] button.
- Once you return to the [General] page, you can add additional text to the quiz question using the HTML Editor under [Question Text].
- On the [General] page, you can add options and weights to the question (if using a multiple choice question).
- Once your question is setup correctly, click [Save].
Once your question is setup, you will see it in the list of questions for this quiz. To add more questions, begin on Step #4.