The following tutorial explains a temporary fix instructors can implement to make Adobe Presenter voice-over-PowerPoint presentations viewable at an acceptable size in D2L.
NOTE: This is only a temporary fix; Adobe support for Flash is scheduled to end soon, and instructors will need to find a more permanent alternative solution.
A screenshot of the known issue is shown below with a viewing window that is too small for reading purposes:
The instructor can remedy the viewing problem in D2L by relinking the content topic to the viewer.swf file instead of the index.html:
1. On the Content page, click the link to view the affected presentation.
2. Click the [tiny inverted triangle] beside the title of the Content topic.
3. In the dropdown menu, select [Change File].
4. On the next screen, click [Choose Existing].
5. In the “Add a File” popup window, navigate to the folder containing the correct content, then click the folder title.
6. Click the radio button to select the file named “viewer.swf”
7. Click [Add].
8. Note that the viewer.swf file is now listed on the next screen. Click [Update].