Discussion forums are set up so that each small group has its own topic, and students cannot see the topic for any group other than their own.
A new forum is created in the Discussions area, and the instructor wishes to create restricted topics for the existing groups.
1. Click on [Discussions] in the main navigation bar.
2. Click on [Group and Section Restrictions]
3. Using the dropdown menu, choose the correct Group category.
4. Using the dropdown menu, choose the correct Forum.
5. Click [Automatically create restricted topics].
5. Double-check the Group Category and Forum, then click [Create].
6. The screen will refresh to show you the successful creation of the restricted topics. Click [Save].