This tutorial will show you how to make a link to media files uploaded to My Media. This tutorial will show you how to make a new link to these files in any of your course sites using the [Insert Stuff] tool in D2L’s HTML Editor.
Before you begin:
- Your video must have already been uploaded through [My Media]. If you need help uploadinga video see: http://uwmltc.org/?p=7533
- You must be enrolled in the course as an “Instructor.”
You may consider printing this tutorial and referencing it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/uKNwFRZ2
- Login to D2L at http://d2l.uwm.edu/, enter your course site and click [Content].
Option #1 – if you have already created the Module in which you’d like to place your video, click [Table of Contents] Identify the Module title from the list of Modules.
Option #2 – if you need to create a new Module in which you’ll place your video, click [Add a module…]. Provide a title for the Module.
- In the HTML Editor, click and highlight the yellow embed box. Click the [Delete] key on your keyboard to delete the embedded media.
- Provide a [Title] for your video.
- Click the [Insert Stuff] button (looks like play/pause/stop/fast-forward buttons).
- Click [My Media].
- Identify the video/audio file you’d like to re-link. Depending on the number of media files you have uploaded, you may need to run a keyword search.
- Click the title of the video/audio file you’d like to re-link.
- Click [Next].