Copy and paste text from word processing software into a D2L Discussion Post (V10.3)
This tutorial will show you how to copy and paste text from MS Word (or other word processing software) and paste into a D2L Discussion Post.
You may consider printing this tutorial and referencing it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/fZ2nOfB4
- To copy text composed in MS Word, highlight the full text by clicking into the text are and hitting [CTRL+A] on your PC keyboard or [Command+A] on your Mac keyboard.
- Then copy the text by hitting [CTRL+C] on your PC keyboard or [Command+C] on your Mac keyboard.
Login to D2L at http://d2l.uwm.edu/ and enter your course site.
- Click on [Discussions].
Note: If you enter the Discussion Topic directly from Content, skip to Step #3.
- Identify the [Forum] in which you will make a post. You may need to [Click to show] the topic.
- Click the [Topic Title] to enter the topic.
- To post a message, click [Start New Thread].
- Enter a [Subject].
- To paste from Word, click the [Show All Components] button.
- Pull down the menu to the right of the [Paste] button and select [Paste from Word].
- A new window will pop-up. Paste the text you copied in Word by hitting [CTRL+V] on your PC keyboard or [Command+V] on your Mac keyboard.
- Click [Update].
- When your text has been placed, click the [Post] button.