This tutorial will show you how to embed a YouTube video in a D2L Discussion Post.
Before you begin, you must have web access to a YouTube video. If you need to upload a YouTube video for embedding in your ePortfolio, see: https://db.tt/dBY0o4pV
Navigate to the YouTube video you’d like to include in your Discussion Post:
- Click the [Share] button at the bottom of your video.
- Click the [Embed] button.
- UNCHECK the box in front of [Show suggested videos when the video finishes].
- CHECK the box in front of [Use old embed code].
- Click into the box with the embed code to highlight the text. Copy the text by hitting [CTRL+C] on your PC keyboard or [Command+C] on your Mac keyboard.
Once the Youtube embed code is copied to your clipboard, you can paste the code into a Discussion Post in D2L using the instructions below:
- Log in to D2L (http://d2l.uwm.edu) and enter your course site. Once you are in your course site, click on [Discussions] in the upper navigation bar.
- Click on the appropriate Discussion topic or this assignment.
- Click the [Start a New Thread] button.
- In the editor, click the small icon that looks like a play, stop, rewind, and fast forward button, called [Insert Stuff].
- A new window will pop up. Click the button [Enter Embed Code].
- Paste the embed code that you copied from Step #11 into the [Embed code:] window.
- Click [Next].
You will see a preview of your presentation in the window.
- Click the [Insert] button.
- Once you return to the [New Message Details] page, enter a title for your post.
- Click [Post].
You should see the presentation in your discussion post. You (and your peers) can control the play and volume from here.