[Save and Continue] was fixed on UWM production D2L servers as of 3/5/2015, eliminating the need for this workaround.
Occasionally, you will want to manually grade individual quiz questions with short- or long-answers. There is a known issue, as of 08/2014 in D2L, which has caused the [Save and Continue] button to malfunction, and you can no longer continue forward to the next screen.
When grading a D2L short- or long- answer quiz by question, you can choose more than one user in the dropdown menu at the top of the page to see and grade several individual student responses per screen.
- Click [Quizzes] in the D2L navigation bar.
- Click on the inverted triangle to the right of the ‘title’ of the quiz.
- Select [Grade].
- Click on the [Questions] tab toward the top left of the next screen.
- Click on the textual title of the question you would like to grade.
- Click on the dropdown arrow under “Grade Question” and change the option to however many individual student responses you would like to see per screen.
- Individually assess each student’s response and select [Save] on bottom left of screen when your grading is completed.
- Scroll up to the top of the page and click on the right-facing arrow under “Grade Question”. This will allow you to view the next set of student responses to the question, as it advances the screen to the next set of responses.
*Special note*: Once you select multiple student responses per screen the [Save and Continue] button is no longer visible.
***A service pack will be deployed in the future to resolve this issue***
D2L v10.3, August 2014